How do you connect with a stranger?
You don't know me, you don't know where I've been.

But I do. I know. Why are you here? Why are you here?

I don't know. Life doesn't make sense.

It doesn't makes sense to anyone.

You don't know me. You don't know what's happened to me. I was molested. Abused. By my father. By my mother. My aunt stuck four fingers up my pussy. My uncle rammed his cock up my ass. A family friend made me sit, naked, in front of her for hours while she masturbated. I was kidnapped and tortured for weeks, gang-banged by men that smelled of pus. I ran over a pregnant woman with my car and fled the scene. I tried to kill myself and shot my nephew instead. My wife left me for my brother. My husband left me for my brother. I watched my brother get raped. I dosed my cousin with GHB and fucked her three times. I watched my parents bleed to death. I killed my parents. I had an abortion. I've had seven abortions. I performed an abortion on my mother in an alleyway in Chicago. I am a crystal meth addict. I am a heroin addict. I sentenced my son to death in exchange for immunity. My daughter pays for my apartment by fucking men for money. I have never been loved. I have never been fucked. I am ugly. I am disgusting. You don't know me.

I know you. I know you better than anyone else will because I don't know you. Go. Go be a man. Live. Live for me.

I can't. I'm afraid.

I know.

It's safe here.

For me. Do it for me. Why are you here? I know why I'm here but I'm just visiting. Why are you here?

I'm here because life doesn't make--

Stop. Stop. You are amazing. You are incredible. You are exquisite. You are sexy. Why are you here? Go, go and be, go and be for me. Go and be the man you dreamt you would be when you looked at a man through the eyes of a child and thought, "This is the strength I will have someday."

But I don't know how to be out there, how can I be in the world? There aren't walls, there aren't boundaries. How do I protect myself?

You can't.

Why can't I hide behind the part of me worth saving?

You can't. You can't be here. For you to be here means that all the you's of the world are here. Don't trap them here. Give them something more. Something real. Please. For me.

You don't know me.

I am you.

---

Will I ever see you again? I need to see you again. When will I see you again?

When you fall in love. The day you fall in love, I will be at your side, and I will never falter. You will never falter.


How do you make them believe you?
top